Search This Blog

The Rock, The Stone, and The Sword

The Rock, The Stone, and The Sword
A nice pic from 1-word.com

Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Explanation for Proverbs 1:7

It's quite simple really. You see my Pastor got me into reading Proverbs in the bible. So I read them. In the very 1st chapter, the one that caught my eye was verse 7:

"The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction"

That message was clear to me. When you understand all that God is capable of doing, especially with punishments, you begin to see things clearly. Why? He presents them to you. You learn from your mistakes and won't do something stupid that karma will get you for later. And yes, God created Karma. How else will we learn anything? Why wouldn't a person want knowledge on how to live a better life? Especially when it's right! That's why I never understood why people can't take 5 minutes to read the bible. God teaches something new everyday! Trust me. He's the best teacher ever!

When I realized that all my advice kinda stems from that verse, I started using it as my signature. You will see it in all my emails even my work emails. Amazing how the Lord can use you isn't it?

I challenge you to remember this in your everyday and do in fact read proverbs. You will be amazed at the knowledge you will find in it. The Holy Spirit will give you better vision in your everday life. And Remember, When God disciplines you, there is no other beating like it lol! It hurts in all aspects but above all helps in all aspects!

Proverbs 1:7- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction"...True story

Sheldon Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment